View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 03:18 PM   #64
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbgast View Post
So this morning have two guys putting in new pellet stove. That said could you move your car a little we would not want to scratch a new car. So I started it up and move it. One of the guys says is that an 8 . I said yes. He said it sure don't sound like one. Will I have 4 hours to kill till there done. I will be on the phone and internet getting prices for at least some new mufflers. I just want it to sound like a v8. Any suggestions ( mufflers only) 2014 2ss rs convertible . Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbgast View Post
Took your advice . Went with borla s type axle back , with resinators left on. Sounds great, just whit I was looking for. Thanks, Terry
Glad you got the sound you were looking for.
Your first post is kind of funny, all it took was a guy asking "is that an 8".
I had the opposite thing happen to me. Had a contractor at the house giving me an estimate on some kitchen upgrades and he wanted to get up in the attic. I had to move the car out of the garage to get the stairs down. He was already eyeballing the car pretty hard, then when I started it up his eyeballs bulged out and all he wanted to know was if he bought a Camaro how can he get it to sound like that. Then he took some pictures of it with his smart phone. Never asked what engine it had. Needless to say, I was proud of the Camaro that day.