View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 07:02 AM   #7
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by WE485 View Post
Dealer still has the car. they have all heard the noise including the GM area rep. they said, "they have a car on their used lot that sounds worse than mine" they told my wife that "performance cars make more noise" I dont know that I blame the dealer. it seems GM is pulling the strings in this.
Well one might suppose the dealers got GM on their side.............before they are convinced, forced, browbeaten by you to begin the low profit repairs. The rep using the comparo " they've got one on the used car lot that sounds worse than yours" is so silly........... certainly the rep lacks critical thinking skills before they'd open wide and insert foot. It would compare to your doctor diagnosing your severe chest pains as a electrical malfunction with your recently installed pace maker, one he installed. Then tell you....add insult to injury, that you shouldn't complain or expect a immediate fix, worst......one at all, because the last patient of his that had a similar problem, that became worse, is now lying over in the graveyard. What the heck does the known issues with your car, the one you've invested your hard earned dollars in as a GM loyalist, have to do with the car someone else disposed of, for whatever reason........including the likely possibility, they received the same poor and unprofessional response to a lifter issue or worse. To boot.... there is a TSB and you have a warranty you've paid for. Wondering if that ex Camaro owners driving a Mustang now...................is what you should have asked the rep. Better yet, could he recommended a Ford dealer, that could provide you with a satisfactory resolution to the lifter noise..............before it worsens. Good Luck............

Last edited by Caspers2SSRS; 10-19-2013 at 07:16 AM.
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote