View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 03:18 PM   #1
Belam

Drives: Yellow 2SS camaro
CAI Is it bad for your engine's life ?

I just wandered in another forum reading about how bad CAI is .Wondered if it's true ,And I think everyone out there who has CAI also want to know about this .Please clarify this .

" I'm new here, but folks, listen to Hildweller! He speaks the absolute truth. I was a Master BMW Tech for 20 years and owned a shop specializing in performance upgrades. I know CAI systems and they are bad news! Most filter little more from the incoming air than smalls stones and birds. The lesser restriction of air flow will allow more dirt into your engine .They will shorten your engine life. As Hildy mentioned--you can prove that to yourself by scientific oil analysis, worn engine parts and premature oil consumption. Please, just stay away from them--in all vehicles. Now that is not to say that if you can find a way to direct cooler "DRY" air into a vehicles intake, then go for it. But do not change your stock air filter for a K&N or other aftermarket washable/re-oil type filter---they are complete garbage. The HP increase numbers these companies post and claim makes steam erupt from my ears---it's total 100% crap!"

Last edited by Belam; 05-10-2013 at 03:31 PM.
Belam is offline   Reply With Quote