View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 03:34 PM   #30
Agent WD-40

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmm1412 View Post
The mechanic that works on my cars has a small performance shop where he does a lot of custom work. He is also on a pit crew for an NHRA team, and travels around the country on weekends when his team is racing. He really knows his stuff when it comes to mods, and I had him do my exhaust installation. Then I had the drone issue. I emailed him some pictures of other Solo j-pipe installations on Borla S exhausts, asking him if he could handle it. He called me right away and said from looking at the pictures I sent, he had some "ideas" and said that his goal was to make the installation as clean and hidden as possible, no visible hardware, bolts, threads or pipes. He said I would be pleased with his result and to trust him with doing it. Mine are not installed the way Solo typically installs them according to the pictures I got from others. He was able to tuck everything up and under the rear diffuser, with all bolts, pipes and hardware hidden. You literally have to get under the car to see it and the only thing visilble is the j-pipe welded to the exhaust pipe before the Borla muffler, and you really have to be looking for it to see it if you are driving behind my car. When I picked up my car, I was blown away by what he had done, and thanked him for putting his ideas to work for me. He had never done one of these j-pipe installations before.

I would recommend going to a small performance shop where they do custom exhaust pipe bending and mods to hot rods and such. They are used to this type of work. Make sure they will weld your j-pipes with stainless material. It may cost a bit more for the work to be done, but I would not go to your typical exhaust shop where they do work without much thought being put into it, and as quickly and cheaply as possible. You get what you pay for.

JMHO...
Install looks great! Do you know how large of a hole he cut in the Borla pipe before he weld the J Pipe on?

Does Solo just sell the J Pipes by themselves or is it part of some other kit?
Stainless Works 1 7/8" Long Tube Headers
Corsa Exhaust
Agent WD-40 is offline   Reply With Quote