View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 08:56 AM   #9
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspolo View Post
I also don't see the need for 6 cylinder, but only if they offer a 4 cylinder turbo Camaro.
Most people that buy a 6 cylinder Camaro care about MPG and that the car offers 300+HP.(Looks play a major part)
So with a 4 cylinder car with turbo the MPG would be pretty high and performance would be similar or better than what the V6 offers at the moment.
One thing I would hate would be a 7 or 8 speed transmission since it would shift too much.
I would tend to agree (power-wise) that if their turbo offers power in the 300+ range, then it may be difficult to justify a V6.

But if the turbo is not any more powerful than it is in the ATS and the Buick, then I think there is plenty of room for the V6 in the line up, as even a lighter camaro with T4 making 260hp/260-ishTQ wouldn't perform much, if any better than the current V6 does.

I think a 6 speed auto feels just right, but there is no denying that a 7 or 8 speed would increase performance in a straight line and increase MPGs. Just look at what the 8 speed in the charger did for the V6 car...amazing increase in performance. But I also like the tap-shift. I think that would be a LOT of tapping in an 8 speed car lol.
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote