View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 12:43 PM   #39
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
1. This is not your responsibility to talk to insurance companies. You weren't driving. I don't even know why YOU are asking, "what do I say?" You weren't in the accident. Your mother was. They don't want to talk to you. They want to talk to her.

2. There IS nothing more to say since you don't have to worry about it.

However....

Your mother knows better than to lie. If someone lies...says someone else was driving...says something different happened, etc, they'll figure it out and insurance companies won't want to deal with you any more and it's likely they could either drop you or raise your rates so high that you won't be able to afford to deal with them any more. Other insurance companies could find out and wouldn't want to insure you as well. You'd be a liability. Police also make reports....which means there's always a paper trail. Don't try to fool anyone.

If your mother was not at fault, then no worries. The other insurance company will deal with it and figure it all out. In fact, YOUR insurance company, technically, would never even need to known about it. Insurance rates for you guys shouldn't budge. Others might want to call their own insurance company, but that is their call.

The vehicle is what's insured.

Think about this...

The insurance company themselves told you, "it would be cheaper to put your mother as the primary on the sports car. So we should switch it and say your mother is primary on the Camaro and son on the SUV."

They aren't dumb. They did it that way to make it affordable FOR you guys. They aren't going to give anyone crap as to why one person was driving it over another.

"We drive both cars. I'm the primary, but yes. I let my son drive the car."

Nothing wrong with that. It's not lying. AND...there's nothing wrong with it.

Last bit of advice. ....

Be careful of what you say on the internet. Be careful of what pix you post...(re: partial plates, info, location, date, time, etc) as the info would now be available to literally anyone...which could be used against you later on.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote