View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 06:07 PM   #119
GnyaTek

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_honez View Post
OOOOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!

Damn!! That looks freaking deadly. If I saw that without you saying you survived I would have surely thought it was a fatality. Guardian Angels were working overtime on you!
Yup - had to crawl over the seat into the backseat and force open the passenger rear door to get out, but walked away pretty well injury free (slightly strained knee, and glass cuts across backs of both hands from windshield).

Air bag didn't even deploy because the strike wasn't into the bumper directly - and luckily for me it didn't as I was still able to "control" the vehicle correcting for the sliding... and used the center divider wall as a brake assist shredding the front tire and grinding about an inch and a half off the hub since I didn't want to ricochet back out into traffic.

The day after the accident, I went to towing yard and shot those pics ... the owners of the towing company were concerned and asked whether the driver had lived. The highway incident response guy asked me how many times I had rolled it (answer: zero).
GnyaTek is offline   Reply With Quote