View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 06:59 PM   #63
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbersoul84 View Post
I'm going insurance shopping. I'm 45, female, good driver discount, multi vehicle discount AND homeowner's all through Allstate. $250 deductible, 7500 miles (oops I went over), no kids under 25 on the policy.

$622.68 every six months and that's with a ton of discounts. Allstate is expensive.

be aware you will lose your loyalty discount moving to another company, for me it's a hefty 18%, when I went shopping to see if I could get a lower rate no other company could touch my rate as a result.

However I did talk to my State Farm agent and told him that other companies were offering me better rates before the loyalty discount, as much as 25% lower so even if I lost that discount I would be getting more insurance for my money, that forced him to re-evaluate my policy, and though he "couldn't" lower my rate to match, he was able to raise my amounts and keep me at the same payment.

sometimes just telling your agent you are looking at other companies is enough to get them to tweak things, as they get paid commission based on their clients, and if you leave his pay is reduced.