View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 02:07 PM   #94
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by From The Future View Post
Hey rolnslo and 2ssrs, you guys are currently testing this new product with a Vararam intake. Have you re-tuned your engine since adding the new wedge spacer?

The reason I ask is because of what Vararam Steve posted earlier in the thread:

(When installed on a VR equipped Car the spacer will space the MAF closer to the throttle body richening up the Air Fuel by 4-5% . This does cost you some of the total power gain by about 5hp & 5-6 ftlbs of Torque. This can obviously be tuned out for max power gains . When used with other cone and pipe style intakes this does not occur so the full power gain is realized without any need to correct the air fuel. Just bolt it on and GO!)

Also, are you guys using the "Tune" or "No-tune" version of the Vararam? I currently have the no-tune version on my car and i wondering if it is worth it to upgrade to the tune version as well as try this new spacer.
I'm currently running a No-tune Vararam intake with the stock tune. I'm trying to keep the stock tune as long as possible to preserve my warranty but that may change when I add LTs so I can pass the stupid annual emissions testing.