View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 06:01 PM   #1631
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyAL View Post
I think you may be late to the party so I will break the news to you slowly...'RING TIMES ARE SKEWED!!!! Every car maker has its little tricks to put up great times...ask Nissan about this. I just dont understand why ZL1owners keep putting all their chips on this subject. If 1/4 mile times didnt mean anything, why was it the first thing everyone was waiting for when people started taking delivery of them??? No one was interested in road course times, skid pad numbers, or 60-0 braking distance...come on man! Everyone was waiting for 1/4 times. And if you think GT500 fans are hanging their hats on those numbers...you are right because its important to know that the shelby will hand the ZL1 its @ss in a staright line. After all, thats what these cars were made to do back in the 60s and thats why we fell in love with them in the first place. Leave all that superior handling bragging to sports cars like the Vette & Viper and not to muscle cars like mustangs and camaros
I think you need to get with the times. This is no longer the 1960's and custmers' expectations have chaged a lot. Again, 1/4 mile time do not matter and are not the sole measure of a car's performance. The ZL1 was never made with the intention of dominating the 1/4. There is a COPO Camaro for that. Please get with the times and understand what some are trying to present here. Probably no reason for you to be entering this discussion on your 2nd post here.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote