View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 01:38 PM   #60
DarkFox1

Drives: 2012 2SS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorv View Post
Your an idiot

You aren't here to learn or you would have fixed this error already.

the camaro isn't necessarily "built for" any engine.

The vehicle weighs what it weighs.

The body weight comes from the Zeta platform and all the EPA and government required regulations, safety equipment, and the lack of weight reducing components like fiberglass doors/fenders/body like you see on 4th gen camaros and on corvettes.

Basically, the v6 camaro is the answer to maximize sales for the car, for people who want a sporty, amazingly well handling car, but don't necessarily want the added cost and issues that come with owning a high performance vehicle.

It attracts the market of people who are interested in the sebring, the accord coupe, and other similar 2 door run-around-town cars, and corners the market on aggressive looks.

GM has had the v6 camaro since.. well.. I guess forever... it's never bee the top of the heap because THATS NOT WHAT THEY'RE TRYING TO DO WITH IT.

If they attempted to rely on SS sales alone the car would not be marketable and would not exist. The v6 car allows the platform to appeal to a larger audience.

If I've said it once I've said it 1000 times. If you don't like the way the car is stock.. CHANGE IT! NOTHING is set in stone and you have a HUGE aftermarket for this car.

I thought like you when I was younger, and believed that cars where what they were and could not be changed. A car is nothing more than a collection of parts.

If you want changes.. you change it.

But again.. you sound like you want the BMW, so tell your mom thanks but no thanks, I don't want a camaro because it's too slow for me.. I'll just drive your car instead.. and be done with it.