View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 10:59 AM   #33
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
Don't forget the sound, I've heard cars with an I4 puts out a better sound than a Chevy V6....
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
I don't want a throaty sound with a V6, there is not one modded V6 Camaro I have heard that sounds as GOOD or BETTER than a 350z/370z, they have the perfect grunt that any good sounding V6 should have.
You can make the Camaro V6 sound similar to a 350Z, or you can make it sound like a firebreather...your choice.

I encourage all of you to strap on some good headphones or listen to these through some decent speakers. Look, I will never say a V6 can sound just like a V8 because it can't...but these have the same type of growl and sound spectacular. Hell, I think the first one sounds better than many SS cars I've heard...just my .02.

I give you a few 'firebreather' examples. LTs and SLP Powerflow:

Here is a slightly more mellow version with LTs and magnaflow:

...and have you listened to the video of the Jay Leno TT V6 project? It sounded great unless for some reason the video equipment they used just made it sound more badass than it really is. Anyways, my point being that if GM really pays attention to the sound (which is very important because half of the SS owners bought it in big part because of the sound) they could sway a lot more people to give it a shot. If it sounds like a fart can, then its not going to do as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad70supreme View Post
Well they can keep there 6th gen, I will stick with my old pushrod ls3! A turbo v6 is not american muscle it's import talk, not interested. I hope not but the 5th gen could be the last Camaro as we know it, smaller car and a v6, might as well buy a 350z
and sorry but you sound like nothing more than a whiner. There is going to be a V8 option you can count on it...but don't throw a cry baby fit if they begin to offer a performance V6 and it happens to put the smack down on the V8.

In my mind, there is nothing more american than a big growly V8 pushing around a good looking muscle coupe, but times are changing. If we want the 'domestic' brands to keep upping their game and staying with the competition they are going to have to change. Get used to it.

Last edited by KMPrenger; 04-07-2012 at 07:26 PM.
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote