View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 02:10 PM   #1
Arachnyd
Master of all trades

Drives: 2many2count
"too bad its slow because it only has the 6 speed. I couldn't afford the auto"

I got this comment from an LS owner today. I thought it was interesting. (supposed to say "couldn't afford the auto" but I cant edit it)

He literally was embarassed to be driving the six speed because he couldn't afford the better automatic.

I personally think 6spd is much better than auto, and run a 6 Speed SS.

But I dont think anyone on here would view a six speed as being a sign of weakness? Do most non-automotive savvy people really think the automatic gives them a bunch of performance gains? Is there a reason someone would be embarassed to have a manual?

I was complimenting his car (base LS, but hey a camaro is a camaro). Maybe he was just intimidated by my modified SS? I just thought I'd get the perspective if anyone had any insight as to what the average person views between stick and manual (THIS IS NOT AN ARGUMENT AS TO WHICH IS BETTER ON THE CAMARO. while both can be argued, no one should be EMBARASSED to have either!)
2010 Camaro SS modified extensively. I stretched the body to make it a 4 door, but I swapped in the 3.6L DI V6 for fuel economy. Then I picked up a corvette body around the V8. I also swapped the body for a C2 Z28. (In short I traded it for three cars, a Corvette Z06r, a C2 Camaro Z28, and a Cadillac CTS Summer Performance package 3.6L DI with Aisin 6spd.)

Last edited by Arachnyd; 09-14-2011 at 02:11 PM. Reason: spelling error
Arachnyd is offline   Reply With Quote