View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 05:08 AM   #23
XclusivEric

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to XclusivEric
What a lot of people don't know is actually how radar guns work. Most radar guns in police cars will readout the top 2 or 3 speeds of surrounding traffic. It is then up to the police officer to make a judgement call to determine who is actually speeding. In heavy traffic this is difficult to do. The best method they prefer to use is laser. That's why most of the time when traveling the interstate system you will find police officers posted up in the median just after an obstacle in the direction of oncoming traffic. Knowing the methods used more than just what equipment they use is also a way to beat a ticket. Usually they post up right after speed limit changes behind obstacles. It's easier for them to nail you with a laser than it is radar. In certain kinds of weather laser is ineffective. Most of all a police officer doesn't even need to use either of those methods. They can simply pace you end of story. With that said, it's probably best not to speed unless on a race track. You put yourself and others at risk. You may be a skilled driver but in my experience I have also met very unskilled drivers, distracted by other things not paying attention to the road or their surroundings, this includes checking mirrors, etc.... If you been to Kuwait you'd know what bad driver's really are. A lot of the problem is the "Me first" attitude. Maybe the US should adopt Germany's licensing requirements LMAO.