View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 12:58 AM   #66
AngeloVEnforcer

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
I disagree with you. I would bet there are much more mustang humpers here than Camaro humpers on all the mustang sites combined.

You can't tell me that the hype hasn't died down in over 2 years. That argument holds no water any more. The mass public cars more about looks, quality and image than straight-line performance and handling. That is why the Camaro is out selling the mustang now and the mustang outsold the Camaro in the LS1 days. The mustang is a better performing car, not a better overall car.

The Camaro hype may die down, but, like myself, I had to wait until January 2011 to get my car. I could've gotten something else, but I didn't. When you've got a hot car, you've got 5 years at least to make some serious money off it. Then you go to a re-design, will most likely make those buyers trade in their 3-4 year old Camaros for the new body style. That's what happens in the car business (being a former car salesmen), you get a buyer to love the car they're driving, and they tend to stick with it. I've sold numerous trucks/cars/suvs to the same buyers. They literally bought the same car (maybe different color/options) several times.
AngeloVEnforcer is offline   Reply With Quote