View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 08:07 AM   #32
Apex Paul

Drives: Wagon Queen Family Truckster
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastkevman View Post
The Challenger has no where to go, there was only one original design and then it died.
Don't forget about the cool stylings of the 1978-1983 Dodge Challenger... Classic.

As for the Camaro, I could ask for:

1. The accounting department to stay out of the design department. Don't try to save $11 on a part by giving it a redesign because it is more economical but then loses visual appeal. Just charge me an extra $11. Remember chrome? I can't think of any reason any car from the 1930's to the 1960's needed any, but could you imagine a '59 Caddy without that grill?

2. Don't over-correct. Find a way too improve that doesn't make the car lose a.) Visual appeal b.) Performance. Example: maybe there is a flaw in the design that makes the gills get pecked by road grit. Please don't correct by bringing in the wide body style too far.

3. Don't get too gadgety. I remember a time in the mid 1980's when every car manufacturer thought they needed a soothing female voice to tell me the "Door is ajar", or "Lights are on". We didn't need it, much like many gadgets that they put in cars today. It's just added weight and cost that I think most people could live without. I have not done a poll, but I doubt that an option like cruise control was the purchase deciding factor for most Camaro buyers.

If a design is great, it doesn't need many changes. Keep the changes simple, moderate. Unless were' talking engine... I could tolerate the return of the big block. 2012 Camaro SS 454? Yes, please!
Apex Paul is offline   Reply With Quote