View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 10:58 AM   #3
comm54
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2SS/RS IBM M6-when she lets me

I like your way of thinking!
I have seen several threads and I was interested in what others might say, so far, I have been dissappointed. With that said, I know that it may be hard to explain proper driving techinics but some simple pointers would be nice.

Here's an example: What should you do when you are sitting at a stoplight.
I have noticed that some people will sit at the light with the clutch pedal pushed to the floor waiting for the light to change. I have always been told to put the shifter into neutral and release the clutch pedal. When you hold the clutch pedal down the clutch plates are engaged and will cause additional wear on the cluctch plates. This is my opinion and I welcome any other opinions that confirm or deny what I have said...

The other problem that I see here is that normal daily driving and racing techinics vary greatly, so the best thing to do is to find a track event and get some professional instrution, the Hurst/B&M event on May 17th will be a great for this...

I know that we have some Very Smart people on this forum so I look forward to reading what others will say, and Thanks!!!
:flag2: