View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 12:56 AM   #11
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Not a fan of the overall shape, it reminds me of a G6-coupe in profile. Styling details are well executed and I like the creases and other elements, its just the general shape, particularly the rear.I think it stems from how they altered the dimensions. 2" lower, same wheelbase, and 2" less overall. It seems like they were trying to stretch out the look of the car but I don't like how it turned out.

Less overall length is fine but wheelbase should have been reduced by 3-4 inches, 1 in the roof and 2-3 along the c-pillar. It would pull the rear in instead of looking like its hanging out. This is made worse by the angle of the back bumper/fascia. If that were made to be more vertical like on the sedan it could be a lot sharper.

Another little gripe is that the rear quarter panel looks way too big. Again, if it were shortened like I would prefer this would be less of an issue, but the back end is up too high as well. It probably sits at the same height as the sedan (which is a little high for my taste, but tolerable) yet the lower roof seems to highlight it. A side effect of this is that the rear wheels seem to be a little smaller than the front. Perhaps they could make the rears 1" bigger on the CTC-V (I refuse to call it the CateraTouringSedan Coupe) to counter this, and enhance the sports car nature of the car.

Aw well. I know I'm in the monority about this car. Maybe I need to see it in person to appreciate it fully. But as it is, I'd rather have the sedan.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote