View Single Post
Old 05-09-2024, 02:16 PM   #6
LT14EVA

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
If was never going to tow, I'd be looking at mid-size trucks that'll get better mileage with similar power-trains. If it I was given ONLY these two truck to choose from, the Dodge is 4 model years ahead, and should be better appointed with features. Sure, the 2.7 turbo makes more power, but it's a far more complex engine with a lot more to go wrong - and if we're just cruising around it's moot, the 8spd in the Dodge will always have a right gear for the job. I have a few of those 3.6L Chrysler's now in vans, and if you take care of them, they run out past 200k miles pretty well. I just had a Gladiator for a rental a few weeks ago, and that was a 3.6/8spd combo. It was a pleasure to drive (regarding the driveline - I've never met a Wranger-eque jeep that was quiet or comfortable inside), and did well lugging around in the dunes of North Carolina's outer banks.
I really wanted a midsize to work out for me, but we would be using the bed for mountain bikes and a bunch of camping gear. I really would like to have that 6 1/2 foot be if possible. Yes, that ram pentistar engine is no joke as far as reliability from what I’ve read.

Last edited by LT14EVA; 05-09-2024 at 02:33 PM.
LT14EVA is offline   Reply With Quote