View Single Post
Old 05-09-2024, 09:13 AM   #3
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
If was never going to tow, I'd be looking at mid-size trucks that'll get better mileage with similar power-trains. If it I was given ONLY these two truck to choose from, the Dodge is 4 model years ahead, and should be better appointed with features. Sure, the 2.7 turbo makes more power, but it's a far more complex engine with a lot more to go wrong - and if we're just cruising around it's moot, the 8spd in the Dodge will always have a right gear for the job. I have a few of those 3.6L Chrysler's now in vans, and if you take care of them, they run out past 200k miles pretty well. I just had a Gladiator for a rental a few weeks ago, and that was a 3.6/8spd combo. It was a pleasure to drive (regarding the driveline - I've never met a Wranger-eque jeep that was quiet or comfortable inside), and did well lugging around in the dunes of North Carolina's outer banks.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote