View Single Post
Old 05-01-2024, 02:48 PM   #7
JDCinBRL

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazarUSAffects View Post
If I may enlighten you with my experience. Just to spare you the read. My ZL1 is still in one piece a year later. She even made the 700+ mile trip back to IL when I first got her. My previous 2013 ZL1, I had the mods added and the key was knowing all and what it is your having installed. The 2018 ZL1 I picked up seem all to good and knowing somewhat, what it was like to own a modded Camaro. I decided to say f it, and understood at that moment what I was getting into. Until the ownership part kicked in(maintenance and little things needing to be addressed. And it's never good when the dealership you bought it from. Seemed to close their IG and FB pages. And seems like their inventory of modified vehicles vanished and all that's left is a new cars. So, yea, my confidence took a tiny hit.lol Having to go to a shop and not being able to tell them what you exactly have when you some issues ...smh fml.lol C'est la vie, you live and you learn. She still does bring a big smile to my face..pahaha
Thanks for the insight. I drove to Tampa and put eyes on it myself. Took pictures, videos, etc. I had an expert in my area analyze the tuning file considering a fuel sensor is installed. Seems all good there with tuning to accommodate parameters set around 93. Catch can, intake and header modification I'm good with. It doesn't seem anything else has been done and this one is clean! I was really impressed with how well it has been maintained. I know I'm taking a chance, but it has felt like the right move thus far. To be honest, I still have riding Ninjas, Katanas and R1s in my veins and have always loved the Camaro. I never made the time or place to own one. When I got wind in February/March last year the Camaro would be retired for 2024, I reserved an allocation for a ZL1 at my local dealership. I ended up with an allocation for a Collectors Edition ZL1. I built it, bought it, drove it and now I'm over it. It's a beautiful car and belongs behind glass and occasionally brought around the block in my opinion and experience. I am sure opinions and experience varies per owner. I have put 1432 miles on it. I'm not at peace parking it anywhere in public considering matte paint or putting high miles on it. When I drive, I like to drive, so there is also a high percentage that repairs from road debris, etc. would come into play. I want a car I can drive and have fun in. I relate it to my car has to have a soul. Well, my CE has a soul. She knows she's beautiful. I notice everyone looking at her but I'm afraid to mess up her make-up cause things are going to get ugly for me$$$. I just want one that wants to do the things I want to without having to pay such a great price! I'll follow with pics of '21 ZLE i plan on receiving in a few days
JDCinBRL is offline   Reply With Quote