View Single Post
Old 04-24-2024, 02:50 AM   #1960
docwra

Drives: 2015 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho2018GTPremium View Post
Besides, EVs have no soul. The soul of a sports car is its engine, plain and simple.
But where do you draw the line?
Ive had plenty of diesel/petrol workhorses, Id have preferred electric power in all of those in every situation apart from time critical 400+ mile journeys.
Id swap the W12 in my VW Phaeton for an EV in a second as it would be smoother, quieter and massively better on fuel.
Ive got an MR-S roadster ..... I like the way it goes on cam and the noise is definitely involving, but instant torque and twice the power would be rather nice too.
I actually have an Audi etron, theres no way Id go from over 60mpg to ~17mpg by swapping it for a slower ICE Q7.

In my Z28? No way, but its hardly an average vehicle, its a car built round an engine specifically to go round racetracks very fast.
My point is for most applications "soul" is irrelevant, and regardless of legislation special ICE cars arent going anywhere.

"Are EVs actually cleaner?" has come up many times in this thread, all Ill say is right now the UK is only using 24% fossil fuels for power generation; Ive no idea why someone would buy 3 EVs but only one Honda Civic in 20 years either
docwra is offline   Reply With Quote