View Single Post
Old 04-20-2024, 07:07 PM   #9
Texas1ss

Drives: 2016 Black 1SS, M6, NPP, Mag Ride
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
You need a Faraday pouch, the send out signals... Google key fob relay attack....
I read a lot of articles before posting here, but I didn't find what I was looking for as to our 6th gens. Some vehicles it's mentioned the only time the FOB sends a signal is when the button is depressed on the FOB. Other FOBs send out signals all the time that can be intercepted by crooks.

Maybe you know, or somebody else, if our FOBs are constantly emitting a long range signal when just in our pockets, or is that signal sent only when the FOB button is depressed? The first example, I agree with you. I've already been looking at Faraday bags on Amazon.

And if somebody is let's say 20 feet away from the car holding your FOB I highly doubt another person just pushing the button on the door handle would unlock it if you never hit the FOB unlock button. That's from my understanding a shorter range signal where the FOB has to be within 5 feet of the vehicle to work. Will be interesting to test it out. I will soon.
Texas1ss is offline   Reply With Quote