View Single Post
Old 04-19-2024, 08:46 PM   #5
OnionBilly

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS V6
Battery was largely the issue afterall, it was only putting out 12 volts not 12.4. Still took a ton of cranking but it did start, albeit roughly. Thought it had a head gasket leak at first since pure white smoke was coming out of the tailpipe and it running horribly at first. Turned it off and 30 minutes later it was running totally fine with no white smoke coming out the tailpipe. Did the blue fluid head gasket test and it checked out fine. Only issue now is it is severely overheating, talking 235 degrees coolant. No smoke out exhaust though, im thinking theres air in the cooling system since I had to drain a ton out doing the timing chains.

I have to say this is the worst coolant system "interface" if you want to call it that ive seen. What is the procedure for bleeding air from the system? keep cap off and let it warm up while topping it off? I want to try that before changing the thermostat which is on the back of the motor. Overflow tank level looks good but engine level looks low if that makes sense.
OnionBilly is offline   Reply With Quote