Thread: Oil Change Cost
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2024, 02:13 PM   #6
NYTMARE23
NYTMARE23

Drives: Black 2023 Chevrolet ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2023_ZL1-AUTO View Post
So... yeah.... a dealer will never change my oil... EVER ! I called a local dealer and asked the cost of an oil change for my 2023 ZL1. I had to speak to two different people to try and get a price. Both people I spoke with had to check with someone else. Then, they told me it was a set price for "Oil Changes for Camaros" and it was $189. I told them I wasn't sure that was accurate, so they transferred me to the "service manager". I asked her and she put me on hold twice and then finally came back and said it would be: $225. I said OK, can you tell me what kind of oil they will use for my oil change and she seemed clueless. She said hold on and then came back and said, it's Mobile, then paused for a few seconds and blurted out: Full Synthetic. I said yeah, ok but what actual oil is it they will use. She said let me check, and then came back and just said "Dexos". I asked what Mobile Dexos type: High Performance, High Mileage, Euro, Supercar or what? She said hold on a second and she transferred me. Then the person answered, "Parts Department", and I simply hung up the phone. That made me decided to do it myself, forever!

Not trying to be rude here, but sounds like your dealership sucks. I guess me having a 12+ year relationship with my dealership, knowing 3/4 of the employees there very well, they know my expectations and quite honestly cater to what I want when I bring my vehicles out there....they don't HAVE to let me drive my car back there and they don't HAVE to let me stay and watch the work they're doing and double checking the oil they're putting in, etc...but they do, and I appreciate it...its a mutual respect thing and I'll let my dealership do work on my car as long as they continue to let me "hover"...if the time comes and they don't allow it, then yeah, I'll probably do it myself at that point.