View Single Post
Old 04-17-2024, 07:30 PM   #33
DualSS

Drives: 22 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandier View Post
DualSS, for the price of $500 for the ASDSPX-ETH1 you're essentially getting the benefit of more control and balance of your existing Bose speaker system. You said it's louder. For me, I'm not sure if I need louder but I do like clarity and definition of the system sound. Please share your opinion in that respect. I'm assuming the speakers will sound the same as before, but does the rebalancing of the system, other than the increased volume, add anything to the crispness of the audio? I hope that makes sense.

I am considering the same approach as you and gradually build on the system with the improved speakers later.

Ok, maybe I'm just bad at explaining things. So I remember on the Bose amp, never quite feeling satisfied with the way the system sounded. It's very mid and bass heavy even after tuning on the equalizer and you only really hear the door speakers and tweets and every other speaker barely makes any sound and they just kinda fade into the background.
I knew if I went out and bought a sub amp and sub I would end up just overpowering the Bose system and it would never sound right because of the Bose roll-off.
It has always been my tradition to replace a stock stereo in all my vehicles with an aftermarket unit, it's like a night and day difference every time in terms of overall clarity, not having to turn up the volume so much to hear more of those little sound effects that are absent when using a stock stereo.
Of course replacing the stock stereo is not an option on our Bose-equipped cars so the ETH is basically our equivalent of installing a nice and shiny double din head unit.
But yeah, now I essentially don't have to turn up the volume as much as before to hear more of those hidden details in our music.
The only real downside to doing the ETH is that right away you'll feel the need for some serious bass as you'll lose all those mid and bass heavy effects that the Bose amp provides.
I ended up having to start shopping for a mono amp and sub to complement the 8 channel amp.
With that being said, I was unaware of the ETH going up in price to $500 as I bought mine at $350 when it came out. So yeah, this is not a cheap upgrade once you factor everything you'll need, but to me it was worth it regardless, if not for the bump in audio quality, than for the fun I had while engrossed into the project while getting to know my car better.....