View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 10:29 AM   #28
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
I’m having a hard time understanding why y’all think Barra is running GM into the ground. The company has been more profitable under her than the last person in charge and probably more than the person in charge before that person.

I don’t like that the Camaro died under her leadership and I hate what happened to the corvette (no manual and ridiculous starting price now). I can’t say I wouldn’t have killed the Camaro too if I was in charge. The car didn’t sell. As ceo it’d be my job to make the company as much money as possible. Of course I’m killing a poor selling name on a very expensive platform. While it sucks that’s what ANY CEO would do.

I wish GM and other companies made cars I liked still but I hate to break it to y’al but we are the minority. There just aren’t many enthusiasts left for them to consider making more enthusiast vehicles.

If I was CEO of any car company I’d most likely opt to kill all my rwd platforms because front drive cars are cheaper to manufacture and would have a few awd cars. There just isn’t that many folks to cater to who would want a rwd option. While it would pain me as a car guy to do that the $100 dollar bills I’d be rolling around on on my bed would make my tears go away.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote