View Single Post
Old 04-08-2024, 10:27 PM   #8
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baker View Post
I have used probably every PTM with the exception of track mode and holding the button to turn everything off. We actually found that sport mode and competitive mode was the least violent but still small inputs upset the car. I do have the GM track alignment. I will most likely go with 18 x 12 as I am already in CAM due to the other mods. I have no issues with my tuner however he is use to drag racing. Was looking for a a tuner that had experience with track / autox cars.
Honestly, I would invest more in learning how to drive it at AutoX. That means time, playing with the settings, tire pressure, so on. You might hose a few events, but you should record your findings and see what you can do to improve your confidence and times. What you are reporting does not sound right, racing against cars like cayman, miata, vettes, fiesta ST and way too many others to list. Basically, a mix of FWD, RWD, front mid and rear engine layouts. Occasionally a car spins out, but not very often and there's nothing special about the camaro that would make it spin out more than the vast majority of these. Steering angle and power application has to be an important consideration. You can't just keep whipping the car harder and harder as you go faster, sometimes that's the thing you want to do, but you have to realize every action has a consequence. The faster you go in a section, the earlier you need to now brake for the next. Going "faster" doesn't often feel like it, it's only the numbers that really show it.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote