View Single Post
Old 04-07-2024, 06:35 PM   #1
Baker

Drives: 2010 camaro RS,2017 camaro 1Le
Autocross advice needed

I’ve been autocrossing my car here and there for the past 4 years. This is my first exposure to autocross in any car. I have had the car full bolt on and tuned for the entirety of this. The car has always been extremely tail happy and I have just chalked it up to being a RWD car on the stock supercar 3’s which take time to get heat in them. Yesterday I attended an autox school where I was able to get about 10 runs in the morning and 10 in the afternoon which got the tires sticky. An instructor rode with me who is use to running RWD V8 cars, his advice to me was that my throttle inputs were way to aggressive. He asked to drive to show me how it should be I agreed. It only took the first turn for him to ask what the hell kind of throttle mapping I had because the tiniest input upset the car. There isn’t any kind of progressive power when applying throttle. Hearing this made sense I’ve learned to drive the car but always fighting the car. He explained a lot of tuners tune for drag racing and the throttle tip in is overdone. Does anyone have any advice on a tuner that would be able to tune this correctly. Or should I try to get a tire setup that can handle the aggressive throttle.