View Single Post
Old 04-06-2024, 05:09 PM   #13
Joey Soul
The Mechanic

Drives: 1SS M
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitchell17 View Post
This is the 230 cam on E85 with stock LT2, TB, stock exhaust, stock exhaust manifold. The 4 degree VVT advance is also modeled in but its just 4 degrees on/off at 6k. Its compared to stock on gasoline.

You can see its optimistic, but of course dyno sim doesn't simulate accessory loading and stuff like that. So its more of like a gross HP rating than SAE. I also did the runs in good weather.

I've done some other sims and test with other engines and got within a few lb/hr in air mass flow, but I am missing a lot of things I need like intake manifold port taper and I am also relying on flow bench numbers from the internet.

Attachment 1149296

If you have valve event/cam degree data for the 225 cam I can plug it in for your setup. I will say when I degreed my 230 cam and tried to model the lobe I was getting like 253 degrees of exhaust duration, and of course BTR advertises 24X, so we don't really have a number to compare to. I guess it could be 249, but still to me something seemed off in the valve events. But its also hard to do when you don't have a solid lifter.
Sure ya, I emailed them to get the exact data when checking it with the degree wheel. I wasn't pin point accurate because of the lifters but just close enough to know its in spec. By spec mine should be a 247 ivo6.5-38.5 evo 63.5-3.5 and im on 93 but i assume e85 is about 30-40 whp
BTR 225 w/CNC Heads|JLT intake|Speed Engineering 1"7/8 long tube and mid pipe|LT2 manifold w/95mmTb|Self tuned w/HPtuners|Silvers 2Way coilovers|Hotchkis front sway|Advan AD08R|BMR solid cradle bushings|Recaro SR7| Work ZR10 19"
Joey Soul is offline   Reply With Quote