View Single Post
Old 04-05-2024, 11:45 PM   #1921
Idaho2018GTPremium

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Something else that’s probably making some folks happy is Ford’s announcement that they are delaying the development of EV Utilities and an EV Heavy Duty pickup truck. With the recent change in the EPA regulations, it is possible for Ford to balance their CAFE planning with more hybrids and delaying the ramp up of their EV plans. They are still going forward with their EV plans, but just pushing things out a year or two. They are in a better place than GM here because they actually have hybrid product in the market and in their supply chain. GM has to rebuild at least part of their supply chain to get hybrids in the market anytime soon.
Serious question for someone in the industry: Is GM reconsidering their ICE portfolio, and what are the odds GM starts developing a next gen ICE Camaro? Obviously, they have the C8 LT2, which is an excellent base to start with for a new SS and someday, forced induction 7th gen ZL1. That's what I want to know - will I someday be able to buy a S/C V8 (or even turbo V8 if it must) 7th gen ZL1??

I think/hope Ford will come out with a S/C or turbo V8 S650 GT500, which will be cool. Hopefully Dodge comes out with a turbo or S/C V8 for the new Charger. An inline 6 is better than EV, but it's no V8. If they do, hopefully GM is already planning an equal response.

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is offline   Reply With Quote