View Single Post
Old 03-26-2024, 11:16 AM   #19
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSdude08 View Post
has anyone here had any difficulty getting OEM parts?

an example being the chevy SS, just real basic stuff is discontinued like
rear shocks and rear sway bar end links, body panels like fenders, bumper covers
and I’m sure all the small stupid stuff like window motors or trunk latches are discontinued too

used SS stuff is out there but i’ve seen prices upwards of $3000 for a complete front bumper, so expensive is an under statement

so we have any problems with that?
just the sheer number of 5th gens out there will hopefully be enough to never have these problems
I brought this issue up a few years ago. It was shocking to see how many parts were discontinued on my 2015. Now it's even worse from what I just seen last night. It's literally like I have a 30+ year old classic car yet it's less than 10 years old. I checked out Nissan for my 2012 Altima and Mazda for my 2011 Mazda 3 for comparison. I would venture to guess that roughly 90-95%% of the parts are still available. I also noticed the parts being discontinued extensively on my 2011 Silverado I had up until last year. It's clear as day that GM has zero interest keeping up with parts support. It's just another reason why I'm done with the clowns running the place and have moved on from gm...��
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote