View Single Post
Old 03-24-2024, 04:08 PM   #2
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonZ28 View Post
I have installed Power Stop Z26 pads on the front of my 2020 Chevy Camaro 2SS with 4-piston Brembo brakes. I am having an issue with brake squeal at low speeds when coming to a stop. I have applied CRC Industries Disc Brake Quiet on the following: 1-top edge & side edge of the pads (on the metal part, not on the pad material of course); 2-back of the pad where they contact the pistons; 3-the 2 spring retention pins; and 4-the parts of the springs that contact the pins, and the pads. Am I missing some spot(s)? Am I using the wrong brake lube? I sure don't like using this brake lube anyway, it's very messy and I would be fine removing it all, cleaning everything up, and re-applying different brake lube, if that's what it takes.
I've been fighting the exact same thing for a couple years now on my 2020 2SS with the Z26 pads, it is intermittent, some drives nothing, stop for lunch somewhere and the next drive is squeak, squeak, squeak... Drives me nuts, it is only when you are going maybe 1 Mph... I've even had my wife and daughter try to walk along the car when it is squeaking they can't even tell which one(s) are squeaking because of the way the sound radiates...
After delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph... BOTH are a lot of fun to operate...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote