View Single Post
Old 03-22-2024, 11:37 AM   #35
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2cheer View Post
Sorry I meant if I pull the 2 ( 5 and 20) fuses what will I notice after doing it and using the better gas?

FYI I have not put 87 in mine only 93 or better since owning it. Not sure what was done before.

Do you notice any performance increase?
If you have never used any 87 in the car, no telling what the previous owner used, but if they even used 87 just once in the car the ECM will default the fuel tables to the lower octane tables, and it will stay there. Even after putting 91-93 in it, for whatever reason, it never reverts back to the high octane tables until you full the fuses and reset them. If you do this, you need to leave them out for a few hours, then put them back in. If in fact they were stuck in the lower tables, and they did reset, you will notice a difference in the engines performance. Even if you or the previous owner only used premium fuel, but used non top tier fuel, you could have possible got some "bad" fuel. Always use a top tier premium fuel, and you won't have any issues. I use Shell and BP 93 octane.