View Single Post
Old 03-02-2024, 04:11 PM   #1741
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS1LE View Post
So Joe Biden isn’t in a position of power? That’s news to me. If he’s able to fulfill his promise to ‘wipe out fossil fuels’ what’s going to fuel your Camaro? Fairy dust?

“I want you to look at my eyes. I guarantee you. I guarantee you. We’re going to end fossil fuel.” Joe Biden

https://apnews.com/united-states-pre...fd0fa6dece3974

Keep trying to deny the obvious. Your credibility is rapidly approaching zero.
Not sure a statement to a 24 year old lobbyist at a campaign event amounts to a promise but it is definitely something he said. Doesn’t mean he has the power to do it. He does not. As was the case with California, the most he can do (and he has not done so) is issue an Executive Order to investigate how to do it. Seeing as how his term is about to end and he hasn’t done it I think that we can conclude that it was the throw-away comment that it appears to be or he understands the Constitution well enough to understand that it is not within his authority. Or both.

It doesn’t bother me that my credibility with you is waning. I have a feeling that I have a shit-ton more credibility on auto industry issues than you yourself have. I have three contracted presentations on this very topic this upcoming week. Given how much they are paying to have me come in and advise them on this topic and that two of the three are repeat engagements helps me feel better about my credibility.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote