View Single Post
Old 02-28-2024, 08:40 PM   #7
rickr9504

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1 LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo2ltr View Post
2018 SS 1LE with 7k miles. Was planning on selling it this week. Drove fine two days ago for the test drive. This morning I start it (It has a battery that is less than 6 months old) and I get a "service rear axle" message. I googled it and seemed its a common issue to pop up once in a while. But along with the message, I hear noises from the rear of the car (I haven't moved yet).

I try a few restarts, and the message still appears. Seems to continually pop up while running.

I went to the back to try and figure out where the noise was coming from. I initially assumed it was some solenoids or something in the e-diff. but it turns out its the driver side exhaust valve wigging out. Passenger side seems fine.

https://youtu.be/HjLcQ6RWKcw

Seems very odd that the two issues would appear at exactly the same moment when the car has been running flawlessly up until this point.

No check engine light.

Any ideas?
It happened exactly the same to my 2018 2SS 1LE and it spent 3 months at the dealer, and they couldn't figure it out. I got so pissed, I sold it thinking I could buy another one, but it was in the middle of covid, and I couldn't find any that matched what I wanted. Now, I can't find anything at all. I'll wait for another car similar that makes me happy to drive.