View Single Post
Old 02-25-2024, 06:00 PM   #38
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
You can get custom length pushrods from Manton if need be.
I probably wouldn't want to know how much that would cost haha, but my biggest issue, and the reason why my measurements are all over the place, is just I think because of the lifter plunger springs. I have light springs installed in the intake and exhaust valves on #1 right now. Everytime I measure with the dial gauge it seems like its different and I am getting inconsistent lift values, some are 0.100 under the BTR230 cam spec of 0.644, then sometimes its close, then sometimes its over. They I think are actually purpose built that came with the comp cams degree wheel I have so I feel like they would have made them significantly weaker than any spring plunger in the lifters but I guess not.

I wish they made a solid lifter for measuring that you could adjust the height with, but luckly I was able to find my original factory lifters and the non-AFM ones were 100% solid and no matter how hard I pushed I couldn't get them to move, so they ended up working great and now I am getting measurements that make sense, at least somewhat make sense.
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote