View Single Post
Old 02-12-2024, 08:50 AM   #3
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmanntexas View Post
Well, the stock clutch has finally decided to check out on me....I can't be mad though. It has lasted for 81K miles, 69K of which has been at 600+whp, and of those 69K, 15K have probably been at 750whp+.

From my research, I'm looking at either a Mantic or an XClutch. Spec-wise, the XClutch offers more torque capacity than the Mantic for the same configuration (twin ceramic, etc.)

Here are the relative links to each:

Mantic Twin

XCLutch Twin (XKGM23639-2E)

Anybody got any insights on either of these products?

Thanks Camaro Fam,
-Scott
Let's take a moment to praise how capable and dependable that stock clutch was for you!

I am going with a Mcleod RST, Tick upgraded slave cylinder, and Tick adjustable master cylinder. Hoping to get some more strength while still maintaining that stock pedal feel.

What put the stock clutch out of its misery? Did you do a hard clutch dump? Burnout? Or its just slipping after years of abuse and its time to change?

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is online now   Reply With Quote