View Single Post
Old 02-05-2024, 11:09 AM   #46
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by zedts1986 View Post
Long list of parts to be replaced on the estimate. Many are OEM, but there are a few aftermarket parts listed: front bumper center support, lower grille, and upper molding, the condenser, and the right fender.

The car was towed early this morning to the Chevy dealer around the corner from my house (where I want the work done). I'm headed over there around lunch time to talk to the collision shop manager. It's critical to me that all OEM parts are used. If I cannot get Geico to submit to that then I will ask the dealer to price match OEM parts. If that doesnt work, it'd be worth it to me to fork over the difference to make sure that this is done right.
While I completely agree with you, don't overlook that some "aftermarket" options may give you the chance to upgrade/change the outside look of the car. Not saying you should change it, but if you can get the parts for less or similar money, many times shops will work with you on it. So, if you were looking to say swap a grille, some ground effects, different front bumper, or maybe go with a different hood, now's possibly the chance to do so.. (especially since it can be paint matched)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT-SS1LE View Post
Have you thought about what a major collision will do to the value of the car if/when you go to sell it? I would see if you can get compensated for the lost value.
With the collision being due to a deer, I don't think the car is going to qualify for that. Usually that only happens when it involves two vehicles.

Still, it never hurts to ask questions, so definitely inquire. Some policies do have exceptions or small print.