View Single Post
Old 01-30-2024, 07:04 PM   #30
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
Except that we're not talking about the future, we're talking about right now. The whole point of the article is that GM is realizing that customers don't or can't get behind the EV vehicles at the moment. Going into a hybrid choice would have been a better option TO START the migration to vehicles like EV or possible other zero emission vehicles.

The whole point is that you would get more people buying in on things that make the transition easier to stomach while providing time to transition said grid/improvements/etc....

Well let's just start at the entire amount of waste that a single EV battery makes when it is no longer usable, or takes to make one that you can put in the car..... then let's compare to CNG which is a lot easier, more abundant, and would take less time for adoption as a hybrid choice. Again, this isn't about tomorrow or 20 years from now.... it's about RIGHT NOW...

Name me a single zero emission car that is capable of being used by the global public that isn't solar powered. It's called EV. Yes, they are being mandated because it's the only way to meet the zero emission laws.

Oh, and there's the lovely EPA law mandate that Biden is trying to pass to force EV's

https://energycommerce.house.gov/pos...the-ev-mandate
Well I’ve often said I hope California would pass a law that unless pharmaceutical companies develop a cure for cancer they can’t sell their drugs in California.