View Single Post
Old 01-30-2024, 11:57 AM   #17
GreenZLE

Drives: 2020 Rally Green ZL1-1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
Stringent CAFE standards kick into effect next year and in 2030 with the end game set for 2035. By 2030 the goals is 58mpg so the realistic choice is hybrid and hydrogen. By 35 the choice will be no cars or so few you won't be able to own one and if you do they will tell you when and how much electricity or hydrogen you are allowed. The goal is not to save the planet the end game is for one class to control and you're not in it. DAVOS has already given the command to eliminate fossil fuels and automobiles.
Years ago, maybe 10 or more, I watched a video made by a tech college professor where they took some crappy little car and ran it on various fuels. The car had a manually adjustable timing retard/advance box to compensate for the ignition of various fuels and fuel combos.

I was really intrigued by the use of regular gasoline supplemented with hydrogen. They found that using hydrogen as a supplemental fuel cleaned up the emissions quite a bit and increased mileage at the same time. It made me wonder if it might be possible to eliminate catalysts in a car because the emissions were lowered so much. Fuel economy in both gas and diesel vehicles is hurt by the need to add extra fuel to make the system work. In OTR trucks for example, it costs 1MPG. Not much if it was a car, but for a OTR Truck that gets 7MPG, thats huge!
GreenZLE is offline   Reply With Quote