View Single Post
Old 01-26-2024, 07:50 AM   #7
BatMobileLT1

Drives: 2023 Camaro LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msquared View Post

To the OP: I though the LT1 came with taller and softer springs and bars than the SS, but it will have the same suspension geometry. In fact, it will have the same geometry as the SS 1LE, too. So you can do the same lowering as they can. Since you don't have MRC dampers, it should be even easier.

My concern with lowering these cars is that most of the aftermarket spring sets available now don't have significantly higher spring rates than a stock 1LE. When you lower a car, it sits closer to its compression travel limit, and that means it's easier to bottom out on the stops if the spring rate isn't increased. That's neither comfortable nor good for handling. In your case, though, they probably are all stiffer than your stock LT1 springs.

My understanding is that the LT1 has exactly the same FE sport suspension as the standard 1SS/2SS (non-1LE). Can anyone confirm (or correct) me on this?
Of course the SS 1LE does have different more performance track oriented suspension than either stock SS or LT1 so I assume your comments do apply vs SS 1LE springs.