View Single Post
Old 01-17-2024, 03:06 PM   #59
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
James, in all honesty, I don't understand why you (and a few others) are such ardent EV apologists on this forum, going to such lengths and putting so much effort into these EV posts. Why are you trying to convince people so hard?
I’m mentally allergic to disinformation. A lot of what gets said about EVs in this forum is misinformation. I respond with documented real information. (EV’s have short driving range, EVs take hours to charge, EVs can’t operate in cold weather). A lot of what is said is just bullshit (EVs are only fast in a straight line. EVs are only good for one or two hard runs then they peter out, EV sales are dropping so much that they’re just sitting on dealer lots). I get that a lot of people don’t like EVs. Cool. I don’t like minivans. The difference is I don’t put a lot of energy into trying to convince people that minivans are evil and a political conspiracy forged by the opposite end of the political spectrum and that they shouldn’t even exist. FWIW, I’m on the flip side of the coin on the Tesla site, since I have 3 ICE vehicles in my household and don’t advocate the overall banning of ICE, and openly state that ICE will be around for several more decades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
If it was just one occasional post here and there, I'd keep my mouth shut, but it's definitely a trend... and for the record, I have nothing against these posts or the availability of EVs in general, to each their own, as long as these things aren't mandated in unacceptable ways. But you already know that even better than I do.
Outside of California they are not mandated. And even for California I am very doubtful that the mandates will stick in their current form. Several California mandates have been modified in the face of what can realistically be done. That’s why we have ZEV, NZEV, PZEV, and ATPZEV designations. Because CARB has realized at several points along the path that what they were pushing for was either not possible or not economically wise, so they backed off.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote