View Single Post
Old 11-30-2023, 11:36 PM   #11
JT6Speed

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
The thing about exhaust sizes is the exhaust outlets on most cars these days are vastly larger than is necessary for the amount of HP. Like one 2" pipe is usually perfectly fine for 300hp, so you aren't running into any big restrictions here...usually. So yeah, I have a "quad" exhaust, but it's not necessary and opening it up at one spot isn't going to do anything. Headers and an exhaust that flows all the way from the heads can be tuned for more HP, it's not a huge increase, but it's starting to make some significant changes that can provide some more HP. People always tend to reference turbo cars where if you significantly open up the exhaust and use it to turn the compressor faster, you can get some serious gains. These have to be balanced out with the turbo size, as a small turbo will "give out" faster, but hp and tq increases can be 20% easy, vs. making the same % increase on a NA engine will take far more work and components. So people end to think that with similar exhaust mods and tune a NA engine can produce the same % different...but not even close.
Yeah I agree. I'm just more so curious if you had the exact spec car down to the wheels, but just one with NPP and one without, if there would be any difference.

Regardless, this exhaust is way better than my 2014 Mustang stock. That had resonators, and the mufflers were big heavy things that were whisper quiet. Not to mention we get a factory tri-y setup.

Ordered: April 2022-----Built: July 2022-----Delivered: September 2022

-Dual-Mode Exhaust (NPP)
-Red Painted Calipers (J6F)
-5 Split Spoke Bright Silver Painted Aluminum Wheels (56W)
-Chrome Camaro Logo Fender Badge
-Second Generation Front Splitter in Satin Black
JT6Speed is offline   Reply With Quote