View Single Post
Old 11-30-2023, 08:18 PM   #9
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
From the document mentioned....

MODEL YEAR 2022 AND NEWER ENGINES REQUIRE THE USE OF THE CORRECT CHEVROLET PERFORMANCE ENGINE CONTROLLER KITS WHICH ARE DESIGNED TO
WORK WITH MODEL YEAR 2022 ENGINES AND NEWER. MODEL YEAR 2022 LT1 ENGINES USE A NEWER STYLE CAM PHASER AND REQUIRE A UNIQUE
CALIBRATION. PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR CHEVROLET PERFORMANCE DEALER TO ENSURE THE CORRECT CHEVROLET PERFORMANCE ENGINE CONTROLLER KIT IS
USED FOR THIS ENGINE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sds View Post
I do believe they use a different phaser for the ‘22+ Camaro LT1 motors as well as per GPI’s website (see dropdown for “cam bolt”).

https://gwatneyperformance.com/produ...-kit/#cam-bolt

Agree that this doesn’t mean anything, it’s just interesting.
I'm not an engine builder and don't really know how a cam phaser works, but might this be something to help emissions or mileage? Just thinking GM is all WOKE and stuff, can't imagine them doing something to entice the Muscle Car Enthusiasts... If it was making more power, you can bet GM would be singing from the rooftops...

I LOVE my 2020 Camaro 2SS, but I've given up on GM... My first 4 cars were GM and now my favorite "toy" car is GM, but I can pretty much guarantee I'll never own another (I'm not a "Vette" guy...) The company isn't listening to the customers and is far too worried about how they stand politically...
After delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph... BOTH are a lot of fun to operate...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote