Thread: New engine
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2023, 06:55 PM   #6
discgolf01

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Convertible M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt View Post
Hopefully ill get it back by Wednesday. If anything happen after this am going to lemon the car. So does anybody know where the serial number is on the engine.
Not sure of exact location, but it's most likely going to be about a 1" x 2" white bar code/QR label, which means it needs that much flat metal to sit on - so look on the ends of the cylinder heads or potentially the area around the flywheel.

Also - somewhere on your original engine will be your VIN number stamped on it from the vehicle factory. Though this may be even harder to find as they do this for theft tracking issues and don't really publicize the location, though I bet some on here have found it. Your replacement engine I don't think will have this because it will come from the engine factory, and I doubt the dealership will stamp the VIN on it, but if they do, it would look different.

If you worried about the dealer not using all new parts, you can always secret mark the parts with a paint pen (stripes, dots, letters, etc) then check for them when you get the new engine installed.
discgolf01 is offline   Reply With Quote