View Single Post
Old 10-10-2023, 09:21 PM   #12
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NG329 View Post
SC3R are ideal at 32psi hot which is what I run. When I ran the A7, I was setting them at 26psi cold and they would heat all the way up to 35-37psi. This particular session I did not check and they were 28psi cold. Either way, they were cooking. What times are you running at Lightning?

*Update: I just flipped the tires the other day because I plan to run them in cooler temps and when we let the air out it smelled terrible. ....indicative of burned rubber.

The R7s gripped for the first 5 sessions but they did not have the lateral stability as the SC3R. The car seemed to "Roll" a bit more in high G corners. If you're used to the SC3R you need to learn to trust the R7.

I personally prefer the SC3R over the R7. I think going forward I'll stick to my original plan of running SC3R on the OEM rims and Pirelli scrubs or Hankook F200s on the Apex 18" rims.
That's interesting. I ran with the tires getting to 35-37psi hot on a hot day (track ambient at 109F per Cosworth) and they wore well. I was about 2s slower than my best times but so was everyone else it seemed. Had fun trying different braking zones and lines. I will try lower pressures again but I get more inside/outside wear in my experience. Trying to get 4 days/16 sessions out of the tires at COTA. Perfectly even wear this last round with -3.0 camber and 0 toe.

Talked to a good GT3RS driver and he had a full year on his R7s. Lighter car sure.

Love the GY 3rs but listening in on the R7s.

i am watching a replay of the NASCAR event at COTA this year and they are complaining that at 22 laps (I get 8-10 laps a session) that the tires are coming apart.