View Single Post
Old 09-28-2023, 08:49 AM   #23
Sales@Phastek

Drives: 2016 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamical View Post
In my case, with the A10, I am currently using the range device (stays in V8), would I still need valve simulators? I would think the range device would serve as the "tune"
I do plan on a real tune for the future though.
The Range Technology AFM Disabler prevents the Active Fuel Management system (AFM) from dropping cylinders keeping all 8 cylinders in your engine on at all times. It doesn't control the AFM valves located in your exhaust piping. You would still need to get some AFM valve simulator plates or a tune if you do get a Cat-Back exhaust for your Auto SS.
You can also get an exhaust that comes with AFM valves in the mid-pipes instead, these are typically ones that are labelled for 6th gen Auto SS Camaros like the Stainless Works Redline Cat-Back Exhaust for 6th gen SS Auto Camaros. Borla does produce their 2.75" X-Pipe W/AFM Valves for 6th Gen Auto SS Camaros. This isn't designed for the factory mufflers, you would pair Borla's X-Pipe with one of Borla's Axle-Backs for your Camaro making your own Borla Cat-Back for your vehicle. If you go this Borla route then no tune or AFM valve simulators won't be necessary.

-Trae

Last edited by Sales@Phastek; 09-28-2023 at 09:09 AM.
Sales@Phastek is offline   Reply With Quote