View Single Post
Old 06-13-2023, 01:47 PM   #92
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
My point is about manufacturing 'sports' cars that have crappy performance. The 70s was known for that and the cars I chose are great examples. My point was not about whether they sold well. PT Barnum wasn't wrong.

Who is buying a 1974-1982 'sports car' because they're great performers? The automobile malaise era was a direct result of government mandates and the oil crisis.

The upcoming malaise era will be a direct result of government mandates and a self manufactured oil crisis.

The difference is that although power may not drop like it did in the 80s, convenience and range will while prices will skyrocket. Eventually the pendulum will swing back.

Oh, I agree with the bulk of what you're saying, just that the way you worded the original post; "Anyone want a Mustang II? How about a 205 horsepower 255 torque 1975 Corvette?. . .", made it seem as though the point you were making was that no one would want to purchase the equivalent of those lacklustre examples. People obviously did want them was all I was illuding to.