View Single Post
Old 06-09-2023, 11:44 AM   #9
dreksnot
Served USN - Atomic Chimp

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 1LE A10 (stock)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinisterZL1 View Post
This is exactly what i have been told by lots of guys , as long as the radials up front are skinnies.
I made it to the strip a few days ago with my new 17" M&H slicks and it was a crazy night. I was at work, got a phone call asking to go to the track. Car was up on my lift at home with no diff fluid. I hurried home, fluided up the car and quickly swapped rears to my new slicks. I left my radial Michelins up front fulling knowing full-well I should swap them to my skinnies, but figured I'd take it easy at the strip and I was in a hurry to get loaded up and head out. It was a freaking scare-show at the track. Launching and hitting 1st and 2nd were fine. Half way through 3rd it turned into a pucker show with the back end shifting the car left or right a full car width - had to let off the throttle. Since running with new slicks (moving from M/T bias Street ET's), I figured it was probably, most likely due to tire pressure, so I tried pressures between 15-18psi). Buddy has same rear slicks and same weight car and he runs 15psi. Still scary AF running for me. Ending my story, I had only 1 out of 7 runs that I didn't have to let off the throttle running my lowest boost setting. Of course, I think I figured things out after my last run. Compared my handheld tire pressure gauge with two friends and apparently, my gauge reads 2psi higher than theirs. Did a quick 15ft burnout in the parking lot and it appears my slicks are cupping (presuming too low of tire pressure - my gauge read 15psi so they were likely 13psi). Thoughts on the picture I had below? I did try letting some air out the front street radials, from 37psi to 32psi (again, my gauge readings which are 2psi too high). That appeared to help a tine bit.

So, does all this sound realistic (and seen from experience of ya)? I know next time heading to the strip, make sure I have the bias skinnies up front and us more tire pressure.
Attached Images

In excess of 1,000WHP
LSX434 | AGP 65/65 TT | BTR Equalizer Intake | Trickflow 245cc cathedral | BTR custom cam | Cortex EBC | n2mb WOT | ID-1700x | Brisk GR12S | RPM Lv 7 TR6060 | AGP's Triple 525LPH Fore Fuel | Monster LT1-S Triple | 4.11 DSS Proform 9", CF driveshaft, 1400hp axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw w/old skool Hurst T-handle | ADM solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Moreno camber/caster plates
dreksnot is online now   Reply With Quote